Meet the Team

New to HA? Stop lurkin' and come and introduce yourself

Shahid Banglawala

Postby Shahid on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Howdy, I am Shahid "Bango" Banglawala. Been flying since August 2002, currently flying 2 metre size electrics with ambitions to get into 5 metre class electric gliders. I primarily fly freestyle but am interested in all aspects of aeromodelling, including freeflight!

I also fly at Stansted MFC with Ian, but like him I also fly all over the country at various clubs and events.

In addition to being useless I write a bi-monthly freestyle column for popular magazine RCM&E www.modelflying.co.uk. And am also one of the main organisers of the British Freestyle Aerobatic Championships www.bfac.org.

I also

Cheers
Shahid Banglawala

500% Extra 3000 - DA 1,000,000

Team HighAlphabango@highalpha.org
Shahid

Re: Meet the Team

Postby WalkAbout on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi , Joe here !

Original Founder of HighAlpha back in November 2008 and the mouth behind the Forum :lol:

I come from a Mechanical background and as such love the Hobby with a passion moving from small Glow Models in the early days whilst at school to building and flying Large Scale Aeros and Jets today. I truly believe that 1 man does not hold all the answers in this world but HighAlpha does , "if you ask the right question" !

For me HA is not only the best UK resource on the net today when it comes to modelling but also the friendliest.

All the Best and use HA for what its designed for .... The pursuit of Fun ;)
Joe
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Re: Meet the Team

Postby -steves- on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi Steve here!

I started modelleing in my teens as I also enjoyed the building aspect of the hobby, starting on RC cars, then RC boats and then onto RC planes. Although my flying started at the age of 20, I have had many years out of the hobby and have only recently returned to it, again! :roll: I have quite a knack for repairing planes though I have little time these days to enjoy that side of the hobby so I am afraid ARF's seem to be the norm for me now. I currently only fly electric through choice though have had many nitro and petrol models over the years. I am also fortunate enough to do my own small engineering jobs as I have my own lathe and mill, jsut wish I had more time to use them.

My flying is what I would call "club level" so don't go asking me how to do the latest and greatest move as I won't have a clue, but by all means ask on here as someone probably will know.

If there is anything that you think I can help you with the please either post something up in the forum or PM me, polite suggestions welcome :lol:

I seem to be quite well known for over worded and long posts :oops: But I have fun, so do your best to do the same. :D

Cheers
Steve
Steve with planes
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Return to New here?