Re: KRILL sU

Postby Pete R on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 pm

That looks good, maybe one day I might get one ( live in hope) :mrgreen:
Pete R
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby Phil67 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Pete R wrote:That looks good, maybe one day I might get one ( live in hope) :mrgreen:

Cheers Pete the quality is plain to see ,tbh the pictures don't do it justice
Phil67
Wing Man
Wing Man

Postby Craig on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:40 pm

:dance: :dance:
Livin the dream!

sponsored by the Wifey's Credit card
Craig
Commander
Commander

Postby Allan on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Stregnthen the u/c mount/plate. Not sure what instructions state but I am running 4 deg of right thrust and still need a small rudd mix for upline. Also running 20% ele to rudd mix for knife edge and smidge of opp aileron but I fly that out.
Regarding mix , CofG set so just pulls to canopy on 45 inverted upline and needs a slight push inverted straight and level. Also I had to mod ailerons on the hinge corner, cut out small square and support with robart hinge as they started to split on the hinge line. I have seen this on a comp arf to.

Not saying yours will just my experiance.
www.cestrianrc.com
Retracts, fueldots, stand offs
Allan
Commander
Commander

Postby WalkAbout on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Must say here that having looked at Birdys Compy Sukky that the undercarriage mounting plate follows exactly the same format as the Krill so i wouldn't put this down to Krill having a weak system. When i got my 1st 37% Krill Sukky the the plate had been damaged badly by the previous owner, but the frame had been a competion frame for 2 years! My new frame i asked for the plate not to be fitted as i wanted to re in force myself. This is not cos it isn't fit for purpose, but due to the fields i fly from which have bad surfaces.
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby Phil67 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:27 pm

[quote="Allan"]Stregnthen the u/c mount/plate. Not sure what instructions state but I am running 4 deg of right thrust and still need a small rudd mix for upline. Also running 20% ele to rudd mix for knife edge and smidge of opp aileron but I fly that out.
Regarding mix , CofG set so just pulls to canopy on 45 inverted upline and needs a slight push inverted straight and level. Also I had to mod ailerons on the hinge corner, cut out small square and support with robart hinge as they started to split on the hinge line. I have seen this on a comp arf to.

Not saying yours will just my experiance.[/quote

Thanks for your reply which I have just been reading been a while since I last logged on strengthen the UC plate I will do and all the other things you're commend will be taken on board thanks for your reply , the thing is unfortunately THIS krill model comes WITHOUT instructions so looking at the CG would be a bloody guess so would how to fix the tail so would how to do anything with this model I take it you must just have to GUESS I mean let's face it would expect to pay £1770 for a model kindly bowt by my ever so beautiful wife for Xmas that you've got to guess how to put it together iam almost certain I will get some kind of reply to this coz sometimes you've got to bark afor you get any response ps trust me mate this isn't a pop at you and again thanks for YOUR reply regards Phil
Phil67
Wing Man
Wing Man

Postby Allan on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:20 pm

As a guide for CofG I have a mintor 110 on cans. ignition battery mounted just in front of the wing tube. I use two servos on the rudder on the standard mounts. Then I have power box and two lipo about 4-5 inches behind wing tube.
www.cestrianrc.com
Retracts, fueldots, stand offs
Allan
Commander
Commander

Postby WalkAbout on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Mmm Phil, i feel your pain buddy i really do :(

Im guessing this is possibly your 1st composite frame built from scratch. :think: When you buy a Krill/ Comp Arf they kinda assume that your a well honed build junky and supply you with an" ARTB" AKA Almost Ready To Build :lol: Its a little like going to a Boutique Haute Couture clothes shop and wondering why theres no prices . If you need to ask you shouldn't be in the shop :lol:

Without having a few 2nd hand composite airframes i wouldn't have a clue as to assemble my current Krill 37% SU29 and make it better than the last guys build. I think theres a very good informative build on the Krill Yak at the moment which may help you out big stylee.

I must agree though that for the price paid on these frames , the manufacturers have a long way to come to make these kits a formidable ARTF kit in the Market Place.

Any help needed please ask and we will all help out i promise ;)

Joe
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby Craig on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 am

Hi Phil..

give me a buzz tomorrow and we can have a chin wag regarding the build ect. always here to help buddy
Livin the dream!

sponsored by the Wifey's Credit card
Craig
Commander
Commander

Postby Pete R on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 am

I didn't realise that these composite models were so "basic" when you receive one. :o For how much these models cost would have thought they would come a little bit more finished. Or is it that I am expecting too much. :think:

Pete..
Pete R
Group Leader
Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Krill Aircraft UK