Snap Rolls using a Spektrum DX9

Don't know your 2.4Ghz from your 35Mhz? Discuss radio equipment here.

Postby Tom.Laird on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:18 am

Hi,
My transmiter is a JR XG8 and has the neat Snap Roll feature where I can specify defined aileron, rudder and elevator deflections when each of the sticks hit full deflection. This basically means I can fly around on docile movements until I want to do a snap and I do not have to change rates or flight modes to get the deflections I need.

A friend of mine has the Spektrum DX9 and we are wondering how to achieve the same set-up (swapping to JR being the obvious solution :) )

thanks

Tom
Tom.Laird
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby uhf on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm

The feature on most txs is called a stick position switch. A quick look through the dx9 manual and I couldn't find it. They either call it something else or it cant do it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
uhf
Commander
Commander

Postby uhf on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:08 pm

So did that help?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
uhf
Commander
Commander

Re: Snap Rolls using a Spektrum DX9

Postby Tom.Laird on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi,

Every thing helps. In this case the DX9 does not seem to be able to do it, but some programming magic on the DX18 might achieve it. Given the Spektrum / JR relationship from a few years ago I am a bit surprised they did not incorporate these features.
I certainly use the Stick Position Switch feature on my XG8 for a few moves as it takes away the flight mode swapping pain. There is already enough to think about when flying schedules.

These features are definately something I'd be looking for if I ever change brand.

thanks again
Tom
Tom.Laird
Group Leader
Group Leader

Return to Radio Gear