Spektrum for poor eyesight modellers?

Don't know your 2.4Ghz from your 35Mhz? Discuss radio equipment here.

Postby Dave Wilshere on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Shouldn't lose one of these :D
Attachments
421be93a-3c6a-48fe-8bae-f96b57ee87d8.png
"Do or Do not. There is no try" -Yoda
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby uhf on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Probably shouldn't be flying if you can't find a regular coloured tx ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
uhf
Commander
Commander

Re: Spektrum for poor eyesight modellers?

Postby tonys on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:53 am

To UHF
THAT'S A POOR COMMENT TO MAKE....poor eyesight can mean many things. But it dosen't mean they shouldn't be flying.
How many RC modelers wear glass's? Maybe they shouldn't be flying according to you. Do you wear glass's?
How many RC modelers are colour blind? coloured TX would help them a great deal. Maybe they shouldn't be flying, according to you.
tonys
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby uhf on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:44 pm

How does a coloured TX help visually impaired people exactly? This range clearly isn't targeted at people with sight problems or it would have a larger screen with a backlight and larger font. If they can't find it and need glasses they should probably look for them first and then find the TX.

If they still can't find it with their glasses on then they shouldn't be flying without supervision.

Good to know people still read the forum though.

uhf
Commander
Commander

Postby French Connection on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Still have difficulty seeing a 3 metre aeroplane hovering in front of me. :roll:
French Connection
Pilot
Pilot

Postby tonys on Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:27 pm

UHF
I think coloured TX are the bees knees, brighten things up a bit. I did ask if you wore glass's, you didn't reply.
There are model flyers out there that have varying degrees of colour blindness. Those different colored TXs just might help them a bit. But it dosen't mean they shouldn't be flying with or with out supervision.
Why don't you keep your inane comments to your self.
Maybe you should stop demonstrating your ignorance, quote(Probably shouldn't be flying if you can't find a regular coloured tx.)and go and read up on colour blindness and how it affects people. You may learn something.
tonys
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby Chris73 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:59 pm

8366dummy.jpg

Put it back in Tony, he is entitled to his opinion
Chris73
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

Postby tonys on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:10 pm

That's a very immature and unnecessary response. I hope you chaps don't get eye problems that compromises your flying.
tonys
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby uhf on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:28 pm

You obviously have an issue with anyone saying a thing eyesight related.

You've turned my comment into an attack on people with poor eyesight which it was not.

Not sure why it's relevant if I wear glasses either.

This tx is NOT aimed at people with eyesight problems, it's clear been designed to add a bit of colour and fun to the range. Or do you really think this is a product aimed at the visually impaired?

My original comment stands. If someone can't find one of these then they shouldn't be flying. It is the individuals responsibility to decide if they're safe to fly or not. If I had one of these and couldn't find it due to bad eyesight, I wouldn't fly! It stands to reason that if you can't find one of these TXs then you actually couldn't fly anyway ;)

Any other groups you want to imply that I have offended? You're not a millennial are you?

uhf
Commander
Commander

Postby tonys on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:06 am

I will try and respond to your latest reply.
I dont have an issue with people with eyesight related problems. What I do have is a bit of thought and consideration and sympathy. Having retired from medicine, I have seen the effect impaired vision or colour blindness can have on people and there lives, especially those that have lost vision later in life.
The introduction of colored TXs I think is great, it moves away from the mundane greys and blacks and chrome we have become used to. Someone who suffers colour blindness would see these as a possible secondary advantage, as they may be able to choose a colour that otherwise they would not of been able to see in great detail. This would aid them in becoming more familiar with there equipment. There is no other reason I would imply these TXs are made for people with a colour blind issue. That was your assumption, not mine.
I ask if you wear glass's to correct your vision if in the hope you might be a bit more understanding of people that do.
I wouldn't disagree with you that if someone couldn't find one of these then they shouldn't be flying. They shouldn't.
There are many model pilots out there with impaired vision that without the aid of glasss's wouldn't be able to fly.
So when an individual comes along and makes a comment about people with impaired vision, look at the broader picture before making comment.
As regards your last comment" Any other groups you want to imply that I have offended? You're not a millennial are you?"
Is not called for...
tonys
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Next

Return to Radio Gear