Site Traffic

Come talk about anything RC

Site Traffic

Postby tonys on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:47 pm

This site is becoming very quiet over the past few months. Doesn't seem to be as active as it previously was.
tonys
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Re: Site Traffic

Postby Big Si on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Don't think more than a handful of people ever come on here now
seems facebook is the only place to be (not for me that got to say )
so if more than a few say anything on here I will be very shocked :shock:
Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice
Big Si
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby dwazzer on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 pm

I always check in on here...I really like this site and used to love the banter...when there was some :banana-linedance:
Lots of planes......And a VERY tolerant Wife...!!!
dwazzer

Postby Dave Wilshere on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 am

Book face is for the ladies...looking at my friends that use it does nothing to change that opinion!

I guess the mods would remove posts of peoples poo, dinner etc.
"Do or Do not. There is no try" -Yoda
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby Ally Young on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Guys, ( I'm still here ).......the problem is actually much more fundamental than other platforms and other social media. On the subject of social media, I too HATE most forms of supposedly 'social' media. In my experience and in my job (Headteacher) , I see more than enough vacuous garbage. People can say pretty much anything they like about stuff that is only relevant and of interest to them. They think other people care and are interested in what they post but most people are just looking for a bit of gossip or somebody to pick a fight with.

HA was different......in its hay day it was about a country wide group of model flyers all talking about stuff that we shared a common interest in. What has changed? ....the whole hobby has changed completely. What people are flying is dramatically different. At the top end, Jets are everywhere for the elite few but you now can't buy a 50cc aerobatic plane for love nor money. Foam is everywhere as is electric ARTFs. Prices have shot through the roof and there are fewer and fewer people who have the DNA of model flying (or building) running through them. People are getting older and younger ones are not seeing the hobby as attractive. I'm in my mid 50's and even I get that! I look around at LMA events now and wonder what on earth am I doing here amongst all these old gits with their baggy tracky bottoms and plastic crocs on their feet! It's not an attractive option for post millennium young dudes. Even the aerobatic and freestyle scene has evaporated largely. There is still a small core here and there but nothing like what it used to be.
I have a DLE 55 that has been sitting in my building room for over a year because I can't find a 50cc model to put it in! I don't know why Pilot did away with the 88" span 50-55cc size models and went to the 92" versions instead. A 55 in those isn't enough and they are now about £800 for a 50-60 size machine and over a grand for a 100-120 size.

Basically the hobby is knackered unless something changes pretty quickly. Otherwise we will all be flying more bits of electrified moulded foam about. ....some of that is ok, but there is a limit to the line of progression from there.
Nobody seems to have anything interesting to say on here anymore. No new models or radio discussions. I'm only writing this now cause I'm bored and no football on the telly! :lol:
Team HighAlpha ally@highalpha.org
Ally Young

Postby Dave Wilshere on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:29 pm

http://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/catalog ... s_id=22188

Ally you don't look hard. Perfect for a 55. Based on GB Extra 330, flies great we have several in PMFC. Comes with a complete set of fabric bags-fuselage included, amazing detail and equipment included, it was an £800 kit and was a bargin at that.
MSL have had this one for over a year.

PS, picture as usual with Graupner does not do the airframe justice
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby Ally Young on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 am

Hi Dave,

I'm smiling because I actually did look at that very one fairly recently after an Internet trawl! It is also 92" span and I thought it was a bit big for a 55. I'm also smiling because I am actually putting together a slightly larger 330 SC at the moment. :D

image.jpeg

Thanks for the info, that does look a pretty good bargain though.

Ally
Team HighAlpha ally@highalpha.org
Ally Young

Postby Dave Wilshere on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:42 am

Span is a number that does not matter, it's the weight!Comes out light enough to fly well on a 55.
The CARF Hybrid does too, but it's more than your budget.
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby Ultymate on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:34 pm

I've got a Goldwing Slick 540 91" span fly's great on a DLE 55 sells for 619 euros plus carriage ;)

http://www.bigplanes.nl/index.html
Ultymate
Wing Man
Wing Man

Postby tonys on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:48 am

This post has gone completely off track.
tonys
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Next

Return to General RC Chitchat