krill spark evo 2

All types of precision flying including F3A and IMAC

Re: krill spark evo 2

Postby Bramble on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Tom.Laird wrote:Hi Bramble,
Thanks for the warning. Any other hints or tips?
cheers
Tom

You might want to check with Krill about the location of the stab's antirotation pin in the fus---With mine,and one other early one, It's difficult to get the stab L/E down enough to fly the model level without elevator up trim, given the fixed wing incidence as it's supplied.
And the supplied wheels are too flimsy, a couple of us have found!
Bramble
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

Postby raptorheli2 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:51 pm

hi bramble,

thanks for coming back.

I was planning to fit wing adjusters on mine. Learned the hard way you should just fit them at the get go.

With that said, i can't order a set as i have no idea what size i need as Krill don't believe in user manuals, TBH the excuse of you should know what your doing doesn't wash with me. I want to know what size of wheels it comes with (i was going to change them anyway), the wing pin size so we can order wing adjusters. Would be also nice to know where the stab servos should go. I assume in the stabs themselves, but, again...no manual and no build threads i can find so guessing here.

i know the evo1 CG suffered with servos in the stabs.

Craig, i know it is not much good now but please ask Krill to make a manual for their planes. Even basic stuff would be handy so we can get ordering what we need.

at this point i don't even know if it comes pre-fitted with the wing tube in the fuse or i need to fit it.

cheers
raptorheli2
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Bramble on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:27 pm

raptorheli2 wrote:hi bramble,

thanks for coming back.

I was planning to fit wing adjusters on mine. Learned the hard way you should just fit them at the get go.
each wing panel is held on by two m5 thumbscrews going through the fus sides into captive nuts inside the wing root rib.I increased the wing incidence slightly by elongating the holes in the fus sides, and locating the thumbscrews by a 1/16 ply disc double sided taped over the hole. When I was happy with the incidence I glued the discs permanently.

With that said, i can't order a set as i have no idea what size i need as Krill don't believe in user manuals, TBH the excuse of you should know what your doing doesn't wash with me. I want to know what size of wheels it comes with (i was going to change them anyway), the wing pin size so we can order wing adjusters. Would be also nice to know where the stab servos should go. I assume in the stabs themselves, but, again...no manual and no build threads i can find so guessing here.

i know the evo1 CG suffered with servos in the stabs.

krill have installed vertical mounting plates for JR ds 3421sa minis or equivalent inside the stab halves. They are needlessly far down the span, but otherwise OK. Most of the instructions for the Evo 1 on the Krill website can be applied to the Evo 2. Bert Delaere[ at Aerobertics pointed me to Andreas Girabel's (Spanish) Face book site (sorry, don't know how to post a link) where there are about 30 helpful pictures of what he did with the Evo 2 so far.i]

Craig, i know it is not much good now but please ask Krill to make a manual for their planes. Even basic stuff would be handy so we can get ordering what we need.

at this point i don't even know if it comes pre-fitted with the wing tube in the fuse or i need to fit it.

cheers.
[i]the wing tube is pre-fitted, as is the tail tube---both rather a loose fit in my example.

Bramble
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

Postby Tom.Laird on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi,
Assembly guides for Evo 1:

http://www.krill-model.com/navody/manua ... ex_usa.htm

cheers

Tom
Tom.Laird
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby Craig on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi Gents.

with my limited knowledge regarding this new model I simply can't answer your questions as I don't own one or have even seen one in person, However Ivo is a very helpful and great guy. I will most certainly drop him an email and put forward your questions. please bare with me and Ill help where I can.

I have already discussed possible pitch issues in KE and alignment of the canilizer and incidences.I will discuss this further with you guys once Ive got all the info..

regards
Livin the dream!

sponsored by the Wifey's Credit card
Craig
Commander
Commander

Postby raptorheli2 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info and feeding back to Ivo. I'm VERY interested in how it is pitching in knifeedge as their claim on the site is it has none.

If anyone can find the above facebook post then please put a link in, can't find it.

cheers
raptorheli2
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Bramble on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:24 am

raptorheli2 wrote:Hi Craig,

If anyone can find the above facebook post then please put a link in, can't find it.

cheers

Sorry if you meant my reference----I spelt his name wrongly---it should read ANDRES Girabel not Andreas...
No idea how to post the link, but google facebook-Andres Girabel--photos should find it.
Bramble
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

Postby raptorheli2 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Bramble wrote:
raptorheli2 wrote:Hi Craig,

cheers

Sorry if you meant my reference----I spelt his name wrongly---it should read ANDRES Girabel not Andreas...
No idea how to post the link, but google facebook-Andres Girabel--photos should find it.

hi buddy, nope, can't find it. i gathered the name was wrong but google auto corrected it :D

cheers
raptorheli2
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby WalkAbout on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Without sounding calus here
Possibly the people should go back to the source of purchase to ask these questions or deal direct through drivel social media book or whatever to get help.

The reason I say this just simply down to the fact that Craig seems to be being asked questions on something that he knows nothing about and has had sales directed through another Euopean source .

This is nothing new here as I know many many F3a pilots who are sponsored with various different companies direct . Mike Williams springs to mind and the amount of time he spent trying to sort canilizer issues out on a comp ARF was legendary :lol:

When you get as far as f3a your in a true premadonna place where no 1 setting is right for all, it's a constant learning curve I'm sure.
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby raptorheli2 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Craig is our points of purchase, both airframes are being built now.

Cheers
raptorheli2
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Precision Flying