IMAC Intermediate Narrated Audio Track

All types of precision flying including F3A and IMAC

IMAC Intermediate Narrated Audio Track

Postby Tom.Laird on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi guys,

For those who have to practice on their own without a caller, here is a prezzie for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdttx7n5edo4g ... ediate.mp3

Download it & put it on your phone and take a pair of headphones with you the next time you are flying, and play the track as you fly. It will keep you right and help with the timing. The narration was done to this video and as you can see this schedule starts in mid-air - not so great when you need to start a music track, so I spiced the take-off part into the audio file, so you'll just have to adjust it to your own flying style. After a couple of atempts you'll nail it. For me there is a 3 second delay between "take-off" and the plane actually moving to give me time to shove the phone in my pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSnhaGQ ... 4-overview

good luck

Tom
Tom.Laird
Group Leader
Group Leader

Re: IMAC Intermediate Narrated Audio Track

Postby Allan on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Good link Tom.

You coming to the training weekend?

I am flying intermediate this year, was light in that class last year be good to have some more numbers! :D
www.cestrianrc.com
Retracts, fueldots, stand offs
Allan
Commander
Commander

Postby Tom.Laird on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi Allan,
Sorry, but Barkston is a bit too far for me. I live near Edinburgh so it is a fair trek.

Try out the track when using your simulator and see how you get on. When flying for real things will get out of sync, but it is easy to catch up, or put in a couple of loops if you get too far in front.

cheers

Tom
Tom.Laird
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby thomasdavid on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Your best bet is to learn it by heart. Use a caller in competitions just to be sure but you never want to be surprised by the next maneuver.

With a little practice you'll be able to learn sequences quite easily. Look at the first two maneuvers then fly them with the stick plane, add the third and fly all three with a stick plane from the start without looking at the sheet. Keep adding one or two maneuvers at a time and you'll learn it in no time. Just remember to double check the sheet once you've got the whole thing to see you haven't learnt anything wrong.

If I concentrate I can learn an unlimited unknown in about 15 minutes. Now I just need to learn to fly one!

We have a competition at Castle Kennedy at the end of June, see you there!

http://imacuk.org/index.php?option=com_ ... Itemid=127
thomasdavid
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Tom.Laird on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 am

Hi,
Yes, planning on CK & Clitheroe.
cheers
Tom
Tom.Laird
Group Leader