IMAC TRAINING WEEKEND. moved.

All types of precision flying including F3A and IMAC

IMAC TRAINING WEEKEND. moved.

Postby Mal Green on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:57 pm

With the agreement of BMFA who have helpfully facilitated this with the RAF, a two day introductory and training session for Pilots and Judges will be held at Barkston Aerodrome. The event is scheduled to take place on Easter weekend, the 19th to 20th of April. The event is open to all pilots holding at a minimum the BMFA “A” fixed wing certificate and will include demonstration flights including IMAC sequences in various classes and expert training for experienced pilots who may have an interest in taking up judging at IMAC competitions in the UK. It is hoped that from the many experienced pilots around England Scotland Wales and Ireland, North and South, experienced pilots will come along. Further information and possible updates to this and all other IMAC activities can be found on our website.
Bmfa insurance is required.
Hi, I will be the CD for this event, we can fly from 10.00 / 17.00, l will be at the main gate for 9.00am Sat.for entry at 9.30
Could all, who would like to attend please let me know, on here will be fine, then l can send contact info.
There is no camping on site, we all camp at a site just down the road.more info to come or just ask on here.
Regards Mal.
Last edited by Mal Green on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mal Green
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

Re: IMAC TRAINING WEEKEND.

Postby Arun on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Hope it goes well, sure it will from all the good things I've heard. I was hoping to come, but no way I'll get a pass-to-fly on Easter weekend - going to be hunting Cadbury's Cream Eggs with the kids :) Is it always on Easter weekend, or does it vary...?
Phoenix MFC
Arun
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby Languid Virago on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Lost my BMFA certificates decades ago.

Would you take a French FFAM QPDD instead? kinda similar to a BMFA B, simple aerobatics, airspace control and safe model handling test , two examiners. It qualifies the pilot to fly at public demonstrations and is used as a competency test when flying at other clubs.
Languid Virago
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby Mal Green on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:14 pm

scruffmeister wrote:Hope it goes well, sure it will from all the good things I've heard. I was hoping to come, but no way I'll get a pass-to-fly on Easter weekend - going to be hunting Cadbury's Cream Eggs with the kids :) Is it always on Easter weekend, or does it vary...?

Only date we could get this year,good for some, not so good for you, sorry.
Mal Green
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

Postby Mal Green on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Languid Virago wrote:Lost my BMFA certificates decades ago.

Would you take a French FFAM QPDD instead? kinda similar to a BMFA B, simple aerobatics, airspace control and safe model handling test , two examiners. It qualifies the pilot to fly at public demonstrations and is used as a competency test when flying at other clubs.

That will be fine.
Mal Green
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

IMAC TRAINING WEEKEND.

Postby Arun on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Mal Green wrote:Only date we could get this year,good for some, not so good for you, sorry.

No problem! I know how hard it is to get this kind of thing organised. There will be other years...:)
Phoenix MFC
Arun
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby -steves- on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Anyone know of a B&B around there that will do a family room?
Steve with planes
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mal Green on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:34 pm

-steves- wrote:Anyone know of a B&B around there that will do a family room?

This is were we camp, a mile down the road.
http://woodlandwaters.co.uk/
Mal Green
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

Postby -steves- on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Mal Green wrote:
-steves- wrote:Anyone know of a B&B around there that will do a family room?

This is were we camp, a mile down the road.
http://woodlandwaters.co.uk/

£195 for 2 nights is a little on the steep side, almost worth buying a tent and everything to go in it as it wouldn't cost much more, lol ;) Will have to see what else we can find :D
Steve with planes
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Allan on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Steve,

I am camping at woodland, however I have used this B+B in grantham, not far. very good. not sure about family rooms though.

http://red-house.com/
www.cestrianrc.com
Retracts, fueldots, stand offs
Allan
Commander
Commander

Next

Return to Precision Flying