Hi alpha from stevenage

New to HA? Stop lurkin' and come and introduce yourself

Hi alpha from stevenage

Postby Andy Westrop on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I am Andy westrop and yes the son of terry westrop if anyone has known of him but I very much doubt it :lol: .

I am a new member on here and here is a little about me.
I grew up with model aircraft and can remember following my father around the country doing the F3A for many many years and flying his loaded dices after the comps,but sadly I nver grew into the F3A schene and gave up flying for 15 years.

I have now been flying for 2 years again and I love it, I fly everything from micro helis to my sebart 29s 2.2 and get out whenever I can.i am a member of North London model flying club at baldock.
I am looking to maybe compete in a few years at imac and I am building the comp Arf edge next year.

I may know a few of you on here so say hello if you know me the only one I know is Nigel kern but I am looking forward to making new friends:).

Andy
Andy Westrop
Wing Man
Wing Man

Postby Arun on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Hey Andy, don't leave it a few years... come and give IMAC a crack this coming year! There's plenty of support and very friendly... if you can handle a 2.2m Sebby and have a B-cert there's nothing stopping you!!

Welcome :)
Phoenix MFC
Arun
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Hi alpha from stevenage

Postby nigelkern on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi Andy

Welcome to High Alpha it's a great forum. I'm sure you will find the people on here really friendly and helpful.
Let me know when you get the Edge I'd love to see it. In the meantime say hi to your dad for me please.

Cheers Nigel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
nigelkern
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby uhf on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Welcome. There are a lot of people here who fly at phoenix which is just down the road. Im in stevenage too, you have my sympathy ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
uhf
Commander
Commander

Re: Hi alpha from stevenage

Postby WalkAbout on Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Hey Andy and Welcome to HA, sorry it took so long to load you up but luckily Nigel kept on at me till i eventually went into the cellar of HA to push the buttons , jeez its a scary place down there and i hate it making sure i always lock the door tight to avoid any crazies getting out ! Looks like i cocked it up though as UHF seems to be out and represents a clear and present danger :lol:

Hope to see you on the Circuit next year when i come out of hibernation ..

Joe ;)
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby GeoffW on Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Andy,
Met your dad about 20 years ago and I still vividly remember thinking 'how is he so good?' I couldn't believe how accurate and smooth he was flying his Loaded dice.

He is/was a legend! :D

Geoff.
GeoffW
Junior Pilot
Junior Pilot

Postby tdmodels on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi Andy, welcome to High Alpha!
92" Maule+DLA32
Boomerang Intro+P80

Team HighAlphatim@highalpha.org
tdmodels
Web Designer
Web Designer

Postby Can't fly on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi Andy. Great to have you on here. Baldock is an amazing place to fly and a great bunch of guys. Hope fully we will see you around the shows and fly ins next year.
Simon
New toy on the way !
Can't fly

Postby Maxpower on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:37 am

Hello Andrew,

Well, I do not think that you will remember me but I was flying in the Master Class of the GBRCAA when your Dad was basically ruling the class, I rememeber the seasons when you Dad flew the Akro's and then the Loaded Dice, I got alot of good advice from him and always had total respect for him and his flying, I pulled out of competion just before the big change over to the four strokes, basically I did not have the time to commit to the sport and especually that winter to build two new airframes and to power them with the then Yamada 120 FS's.

You may remember me as the person who was always sharing cars with Bob Ried, especially the day your Dad got that beautiful XR3 Turbo stolen in the year that the Nationals were held at RAF Fairford.

i currently have one of your Dad's original Akros and an original Loaded Dice II, both very much in original condition and both in flyable condition.

You are in a great area of the UK for model flying, there are a number of top pilots in that area, i am sure you will enjoy IMAC, give it a go next year, I am sure the bug will bite.

Please pass on my respects to your Dad.

Max
SM F18, CARF Ultra Flash, JL Phanton, JL L-39, Tomahawk Furura 1.9, TW Loaded Dice, AN Illusion, HP Curare, WM Atlas
Maxpower
Wing Man
Wing Man

Postby -steves- on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:26 am

Hi Andrew and welcome to HighAlpha, enjoy :D
Steve with planes
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to New here?