hello from the english riviera

New to HA? Stop lurkin' and come and introduce yourself

hello from the english riviera

Postby sgwlm on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:05 pm

just to say hello,
I have been r/c flying approx. 40years, I now live in Torquay, I do originate from Telford, Shropshire,
I enjoy all forms of flying, although have had to quit on heli's, due to having a stroke at 45, (can't concentrate enough before getting brain fade) can still manage aero tho, I really enjoy teaching others so they can get there A or B cert.
I have a habit of reading more than I post, thinking that there are far more knowledgable than myself, or I am old fashioned and old, LOL,
I can fly off the beach, the sea, (when is calm enough) several other places, or at the local club. I do enjoy seeing peoples faces when they see that an aeroplane doesn't just go straight and level,

Shaun
some people call it rain, although I am less than 1mile from the sea, I call it sea spray,
sgwlm
Rookie
Rookie

Re: hello from the english riviera

Postby -steves- on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:26 am

Hi Shaun

Welcome to the forum.

I do hope you find it a fun and interesting place, lots of "interesting characters" on here ;) :lol:

I dare say you know much more than many, so feel free to chip in with anything along the way.

Enjoy :D
Steve with planes
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Postby RICK on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi Shaun,

Welcome to HA, as Steve said there's some interesting (what he meant is twisted) characters on here, it's a friendly place with lots of banter - I hope you enjoy this mentally disturbed forum :lol:

All the best,

Rick
RICK
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby WalkAbout on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi Shaun and Welcome to HA .

I assume Steves loaded you up with an account. Im pretty useless at checking my email for new members so if I've missed you i am sorry :oops: . Vive La Steve :lol:

Hope you have a nice time and please let us see some of those Sea Shots that I'm sure you have :mrgreen:

All the Best Joe
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby -steves- on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:58 pm

WalkAbout wrote:Hi Shaun and Welcome to HA .

I assume Steves loaded you up with an account. Im pretty useless at checking my email for new members so if I've missed you i am sorry :oops: . Vive La Steve :lol:

Hope you have a nice time and please let us see some of those Sea Shots that I'm sure you have :mrgreen:

All the Best Joe

SHHHHHHHHUUUUUUSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH, It took me weeks to check my email too (about 6 :oops: ), I had to make half a dozen apologies for me being such a numpty and not looking :lol:

But they are all done now and we have some new blood with us :D
Steve with planes
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Return to New here?