JR 28X

Products,Releases and Support

Moderator: MacGregor

Re: JR 28X

Postby rob adkins on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Dave Wilshere wrote:Rob

Following on from email, support the end of the antennas too. Also the horizontal one could be blanked by the extension leads you have running cross. In this case the other aerial will pick up signal for the moment that is happening. I'll bring a couple of remote extensions at the weekend and we can move the remote (which has an antenna built in) further back giving an even better spread.

Dw

ok cheers Dave
Secraft
rob adkins
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Dave Wilshere on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Tired Birdy just collected his 28X...in no way did it swear at him when he flicked switches :-)
Attachments
DSC_1126 (Small).JPG
"Do or Do not. There is no try" -Yoda
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby Andrew Bird on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm rather tired having just got of the overnight flight back from Miami but the fact my radio already calls me a ginger tosser when I flip the switches means it is brilliant!
Andrew Bird
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby paulc88 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:28 pm

haha !

was looking at joe's 28x yesterday...its a real nice bit of kit.

in love with the box :lol:
MacGregor Industries
www.macgregor.co.uk
paulc88
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby Colin Gontier on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:43 am

Have finally had a chance to have a proper play with the 28x and get a model with a few different features set up on it. Although the first round of programming took a little bit of head scratching it is actually a very intuitive interface with sooo many cool features. I'm particularly in awe of the gear sequencer - something that we can struggle with sometimes in jets.

I have found a little oddity though - when you come out of the bind and range check menu the system stops transmitting for a couple of seconds. Has anyone else noticed this ? My concern is if the fail safe is not set for a neutral condition i.e. Throttle idle /off and retracts down, should you do a range check, things might go a bit haywire for a couple of seconds when you come out of the menu. Has anyone else noticed this?

Colin
Colin Gontier
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby WalkAbout on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:51 am

Ive only noticed my Elevons and rudder seem to go through a 2 second Up-Centre and Down. but thought this was my Axis gyro booting up :doh:

Im pretty sure the the J10 is the 1st UK jet on 28X and pure Xbus set up throughout. No pressure then for the Maiden this friday lol :shifty:
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby Arun on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:54 am

WalkAbout wrote:Ive only noticed my Elevons and rudder seem to go through a 2 second Up-Centre and Down. but thought this was my Axis gyro booting up :doh:

Im pretty sure the the J10 is the 1st UK jet on 28X and pure Xbus set up throughout. No pressure then for the Maiden this friday lol :shifty:

Sounds more like your servos have slow-start, I know some of the JR ones do. It is to try and avoid trashing the gear train with a sudden movement more of a problem as you move to higher speeds/torque (HV)
Phoenix MFC
Arun
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby Colin Gontier on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Joe - do you get that movement when turning the system on or when coming out of the bind & range check menu or both?

In the case of the bind & range check menu it is definitely not transmitting on exit as the receivers light accordingly.
Colin Gontier
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby WalkAbout on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:00 pm

No this is when turning on,
Gyro is not fully set yet so this may disappear or just be a case of gyro checking itself out :!:
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby Dave Wilshere on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:16 pm

One of the models I test flew yesterday was Mark Brown's Skymaster Hawk. Fitted with a P-140Rxi it was built by Steve Howe. Mark has just swapped to the JR 28X and we used a Duo Port 14ch pwm mini hub and 712BX Rx. Driven by a PB Gemini II, Steve (who is a JR DSX-12 user) said what a brilliant set up it is for jets having got his head around the 28X quite quickly.
Its fitted with an iGyro3e, but we did not switch it on as the model was solid without and quite nose heavy.
Attachments
Duo Port hub.jpg
JR DMSS.JPG
"Do or Do not. There is no try" -Yoda
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Previous

Return to MacGregor Industries