JR 28X

Products,Releases and Support

Moderator: MacGregor

Re: JR 28X

Postby steverobertsuk on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 am

I dont know much about computers and electronic stuff so cannot comment on that. Hopefully Mr Woods will be along soon to put us all right!
Team JR Propo/MacGregor Industries Ltd
steverobertsuk
Wing Man
Wing Man

Postby Lui on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:05 pm

You can turn off wifi in settings & turn on if & when needed so that is not permanently on
Boomerang Elan with Jetcat 120 powerbox smoke system.
Krill Extra with DA 120r
Loads of Heli's
Loads of planes 180 MPH
Lui
Group Leader
Group Leader

Postby WalkAbout on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Tbh I can't see many people using the wifi connect for browsing! More so updates direct for the Tx . I assume that updates can be downloaded ?

Back to Steve ;)
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby Dave Wilshere on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:35 pm

You set off for a far away event and leave your Tx at home...Doh, you find someone with a 28X, call your techy Son or wife and get them to email you your model memories...winner.
"Do or Do not. There is no try" -Yoda
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby Dave Wilshere on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Just converted our last 28X to M1. Amazing process that needs to be followed exactly.
One thing worth noting is that screw B on the LH (RH looking from rear) stick is a long way to the centre and looks like a silver dot. Its why JR provide a long ball end 1.5mm allen key...

I guess PMFC will be unique in having the most 28X radios and two being mode 1!!
Attachments
DSC_1037 (Small).JPG
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby rob adkins on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Dave Wilshere wrote:Just converted our last 28X to M1. Amazing process that needs to be followed exactly.
One thing worth noting is that screw B on the LH (RH looking from rear) stick is a long way to the centre and looks like a silver dot. Its why JR provide a long ball end 1.5mm allen key...

I guess PMFC will be unique in having the most 28X radios and two being mode 1!!

Been busy setting up my new 28x it's the nuts ;) . Being new to all this DMSS stuff has any one got any advise or good pictures of rx installation and positioning of the antenna's.
Secraft
rob adkins
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby WalkAbout on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Rob there's nothing new regarding set up of the Dmss protocol from Dms2 :think: or do you mean Xbus?
Rx positions are well catalogued along with tx antenna angle dependant on your flying style and hold of tx.

Cummon dude let us know of your install and which plane so we can help. Pics are always a bonus dude as you know.

Your a lucky guy managing to get a 28x when so many have been left disappointed . Well done that man :dance:
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Postby simonwood on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Arun wrote:Good info Steve, as you say it can't be 100% secure (the two computers must share some common memory in order for the Android/programming part to make the settings available at transmit time). However there are lots of ways this split computer design could be made secure enough for this purpose. Thanks.

Common bus, but unlikely common memory (highly non-deterministic unless you have expensive dual channel memory, so bad for the flight processor) . I don't know what the architecture is but I'd imagine the two systems are linked via an SPI channel, with some sort of bulk model info and update commands to make sure the two halves are isolated.

You are right that any connected device is at risk on the internet. But, crafting a stuxnet like worm for a toy transmitter seems a bit unlikely - unless some foreign power is using XBus to control their enrichment plant processes.

Sure you might get an 'Android' virus but that will just mess up the os/standard apps, read your email, etc. Going to the custom comms drivers or services is unlikely to be worth the effort.
330SC 92" DLE61 | CARF 2.6 260 DLE111 | Global MX2 DLE55
simonwood
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

Postby rob adkins on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:29 pm

WalkAbout wrote:Rob there's nothing new regarding set up of the Dmss protocol from Dms2 :think: or do you mean Xbus?
Rx positions are well catalogued along with tx antenna angle dependant on your flying style and hold of tx.

Cummon dude let us know of your install and which plane so we can help. Pics are always a bonus dude as you know.

Your a lucky guy managing to get a 28x when so many have been left disappointed . Well done that man :dance:

uploadfromtaptalk1427668154775.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427668125794.jpg
Secraft
rob adkins
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Dave Wilshere on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:37 am

Rob

Following on from email, support the end of the antennas too. Also the horizontal one could be blanked by the extension leads you have running cross. In this case the other aerial will pick up signal for the moment that is happening. I'll bring a couple of remote extensions at the weekend and we can move the remote (which has an antenna built in) further back giving an even better spread.

Dw
Dave Wilshere
HA Sponsor
HA Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to MacGregor Industries