X Bus Install on Jet

Products,Releases and Support

Moderator: MacGregor

X Bus Install on Jet

Postby WalkAbout on Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:03 am

Ok so im installing this system throughout on my new J10 and have come across a few questions i could do with some help on :doh:

Im using JR Xbus servos all round other than nose steering with XB2-CHB Redundant receiver system and 2x channel xbus rxs with the new Axis Gyro, the batteries will be 2x 2cell lipos and although I'm not at programming stage yet i am doing all the wire runs. So some questions.

1. Do i need to run the 2x jetronics brake and retract valves with PWM convertors.?
1a. The jetronics valves state operating voltage as 3.5/7.5volts and if i run these through the main hub at lipo voltage is this safe.?

2. The turbine is JC180rx . Do i need another PWM converter for the throttle cable and also is it safe to run this from the main hub again at lipo voltage? I understand the main power cable into the ECU can be set for up to 14volts but what about the servo cable that plugs in?

Obviously i could plug all these areas into 1 of the rxs in the standard usual way but then would loose any Redundancy that i have through the Hub :think:

Joe
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk
WalkAbout
Founder Member
Founder Member

Re: X Bus Install on Jet

Postby paulc88 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:26 pm

1. You will need too use a PWM converter harness XB1-PC4/PC2 for brake/retract valves. As you said, max voltage is 7.5V...then this is fine. You will be running 2s.

2. I believe a conventional signal is required here, so you will need a pwm converter...Xb1-cv1, but check with Dave.
and regards too the power, the lead from your ecu too THR ichannel on Rx is just signal. Power comes from a separate 9.9V life ?

And yes. best too run them all past the Xb2 hub.
MacGregor Industries
www.macgregor.co.uk
paulc88
Group Leader
Group Leader

Re: X Bus Install on Jet

Postby WalkAbout on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks Paul ;)

I need a 4 port pwm converter so will get one ordered tomorow

Looks like the ECU and valves will be ok to operate on 2cell lipo
Team HighAlphajoe@highalpha.org
Kindly Supported by www.iadmodeldesigns.co.uk